Jun 25, 2019
Comfort Suites Saskatoon's Guide to the 2019 Saskatoon EX
Enjoy six days of fabulous food, music, rides, and fanfare when the 2019 Saskatoon Exhibition takes over Prairieland Park Aug. 6-11.
The Comfort Suites hotel in Saskatoon has everything you need to know about this year’s grand event, including how to get there, what to experience, where to eat, which artists and bands are performing at the SaskTel Grandstand, and why staying with us makes sense. Get ready for a fun time at one of the oldest fairs in Saskatchewan!
- History of the Exhibition
- Getting to the EX
- Cost of Admission to the EX
- What to Experience at the EX
- Who's Playing at the Sasktel Grandstand
- Where to Eat
- Why Stay at Comfort Suites Saskatoon During EX
History of the Exhibition
Started around the same time the city was incorporated, the Saskatoon EX is entering its 133rd season. Founded by the Central Saskatchewan Agricultural Society, the first exhibition was a one-day event with local farmers showing their livestock and products at what is now Nutana Collegiate. After moving around to different locations, the event found its permanent home in 1909, when it settled on land where Prairieland Park now sits.
The EX is now one of the most popular events for tourism in Saskatoon.
Getting to the EX
Held at Prairieland Park at the corner of Ruth Street and Lorne Avenue, the EX is a 15-minute drive or 12.4-kilometre commute from our Saskatoon highway hotel. All of our guests can take advantage of free parking at the Comfort Suites while attending the EX.
Those flying into Saskatoon International Airport (SKYXE) also have several ways to get to our Saskatoon hotel by the airport as well as the EX, including:
- Car rental: There are six car rental outlets at SKYXE
- Taxi: United/Riide Cabs is the on-demand taxi service that provides rides to and from SKYXE. Prearrange your taxi by calling 306-652-2222.
- Bus: Saskatoon Transit offers bus routes throughout the city, including service from the airport to the Comfort Suites, as well as from our Saskatoon hotel to Prairieland Park. Plan your ride by calling 306-975-7500
Cost of Admission to the EX
With so much to see and do at the EX, why not invest in a $72 general admission six-day pass, or a Superpass (available for $39 from now to July 15), which gives you both one-day admission including rides.
All passes are available online.
What to Experience at the EX
Caption: Get your heart pumping on board the rides at the Saskatoon EX.
Make sure to take in the attractions, rides, exhibitions, shows, and games when you visit the EX. Some of the top 2019 events include:
- Saskatoon EX Parade, opening day Aug. 6 at 10 a.m., downtown
- Rides on the Main Midway and Kidsville Midway, open noon to midnight daily
- Saskatchewan Art Showcase
Posted by Saskatoon EX Official Fan Page on Thursday, 2 May 2019
Daily shows include:
- Hockey Circus Show
- Mardi Gras Parade
- Mascot Parade
- President’s Choice Superdogs Present Abracadabark!
- Ride the Vibe
- Terrence B Hypnotist
- Top Cop Academy High Dive Show
See the full list of Daily Shows for more info.
Who’s Playing the SaskTel Grandstand
Rock out to some of Canada’s most prominent names in music when they perform nightly at the SaskTel Grandstand. Rush seating and standing-room tarmac space in front of the stage is available with admission to the EX, or you can reserve premium seats online for $25.
- Aug. 6: Sum 41
- Aug. 7: Simple Plan
- Aug. 8: The Glorious Sons
- Aug. 9: Chad Brownlee
- Aug. 10: Trooper
- Aug. 11: Crash ‘N Bash Demo Derby feat. Longshot
Where to Eat
Start your morning when you stay at the Comfort Suites Saskatoon hotel with breakfast every day of your stay. Our complimentary breakfast buffet includes a selection of hot and cold items such as:
- Bacon and sausage (alternates)
- Fresh fruit and yogurt
- Juice, coffee, tea
Fill your stomach and tantalize your taste buds at the EX with all sorts of carnival treats that include such favourites as:
- Mini donuts
- Spudnuts (doughnuts made from potato starch instead of flour)
- Freshly baked Doukhobor bread
- Elephant ears (fried dough with icing sugar and cinnamon or your choice of topping)
Why Stay at Comfort Suites Saskatoon During EX
Besides its convenient location, the Comfort Suites offers fully furnished hotel suites in Saskatoon, including oversized, accessible, and pet-friendly suites. All of our suites include:
- Bathroom sundries
- Controllable heat and A/C
- Free Fibre Optic Internet
- HD TV
- Large desk and charging station
- Microwave and fridge
- Premium plush bedding
Begin or end your busy day at the EX by relaxing in our heated indoor pool, waterslide and hot tub, open daily from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. from July 1 to Aug. 31.
Stay at one of the best hotels in Saskatoon. The Comfort Suites is an all-suite hotel offering comfortable, convenient, pet, and family-friendly accommodation. We also offer group bookings with special room rates for those needing 10 or more suites, with ample bus and vehicle parking.